Today I’m a professional bra fitter. I travel all around the Philadelphia tri state fitting and educating women on the importance of wearing the right size bra. But 15 years ago I was wearing 2 bras everyday. All due to the fact that I wasn’t knowledgable about bras or my own breast.I know I’m not alone in that. Studies have shown that 85% of women are still wearing the wrong size bra. And so now I’m on a mission to help women feel comfortable and confident in their bras.
Here are my quick tips on how to Wear, Care & Wash Your Bra
- When wearing a bra your breast should never touch! I call this separate but equal. And yes this applies to a push up bra.
- Never wear your bra 2 days in a row. If you wear it on Monday, you can’t wear it again until at least Thursday.This helps to ensure that bra reshapes and stays taunt.
- Don’t pull the glider adjuster on the straps over your shoulder this causes too much stress on your shoulder and could lead too bruising over time.
4. Always wear a new bra on the first set of hook and eyes. Thats the set closest to the opening. This will also help the shelf life of your bra last longer.
5. Bras require very little soap. Baby shampoo is the best thing to use to wash your bras. NEVER USE WOOLITE.
6. Always hang dry your bras or lay them flat. NEVER put them in the dryer.
7. Wear nude or a color closest to your skin tone under white, light to sheer clothing, not black.
For more information check out my video, Skinny Minority’s 5 W’s of Bras. And to book your personalized bra fitting with me click here.